tes

Friday, November 5, 2010

Let's have chats...

Well, after having a long discussion about the very basic of English grammar and structure for conversation, here they are the examples of how the knowledge of English is applied in daily chats.

Speaking Practice
1. Elementary School
Harno : Excuse me. Did you go to a kindergarten when you were a child?
Harni : No, I didn’t, but elementary school.
Harno : How old were you when you entered elementary school?
Harni : I was six years old, I think.
Harno : Did you ever failed?
Harni : You mean when I was in elementary school?
Harno : Yes.
Harni : Oh, no. I never failed.
Harno : How old were you when you finished it?
Harni : If I’m not mistaken, I was twelve years old.
Harno : By the way, where did you study?
Harni : I studied in Surabaya, East java.
Harno : What did you do after finishing Elementary Shool?
Harni : Of course, I went to junior high school.
Harno : In Surabaya as well?
Harni : No, it was in Solo, central Java.
(adapted from Metoda 21 English Course Text book)

2. At a cell phone shop
Clark : Good morning. Can I help you?
Sarah : Sure. I’m looking for a cell phone with a camera feature.
Clark : Please this way. I’ll show you...
Sarah : Whoa! Many brands! I don’t know which one is good.
Clark : All is good. The cell phones available help you to choose.
Sarah : Are they expansive? I’m afraid that I can’t afford it.
Clark : How much did you allow for the cell phone you want?
Sarah : I just have Rp. 1.500.000,-
Clark : Oh...if that’s your budget. I suggest that you take this one...
Sarah : Where is it made in?
Clark : Let me check. Hm...it is made in China.
Sarah : But I heard that cellphones made in China is easily broken.
Clark : That’s not true. The lasting of a thing is based on its use. If you use it well, then it will be last longer.
Sarah : What about that one?
Clark : Hm...it is made in Germany. It is a bit expansive, but with the same features as the China one.
Sarah : Okay then. I take the made in China one. Thanks for the recommendation.
Clark : You’re welcome.

3. At an Office
Claudia : Come in, please.
Guest : Good morning.
Claudia : Good morning, sir. Can I do you a favor?
Guest : Yes. I’d like to see Mr. Jacky.
Claudia : Alright. But Can I have your name, please?
Guest : I’m Mr.Georgia.
Claudia : Could you please spell your name, Sir. I’d like to make sure that I don’t miswritten your name.
Guest : G – E – O – R - G – I - A
Claudia : Thank you. Have you made an appointment with Mr. Jacky?
Guest : I’m afraid not.
Claudia : I’m sorry, Sir. Mr. Jacky only accepts a guest with an appointment first. Could I put you in the waiting list.
Guest : I see. Okay then. Can I leave a massage for him?
Claudia : Sure. Any name card?
Guest : Yeah...here it is.
Claudia : Okay I’ll ring you up when everything is dealt.
Guest : By the way, may I have your name?
Claudia : I’m Claudia, Sir. Mr. Jacky’s secretary.
Guest : Well, Claudia. Thanks for all. See you.
Claudia : You’re welcome. Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment